SO, WHY might you want to decrease that sugar consumption? Sugar provides no nutritional value, other than providing calories. Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, has explored the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic. Click Here to Read this straight-forward and informative article with great visuals! It will give you a “hit between the eyes” understanding of why.
Also, here are 5 quick ways to begin reducing your sugar intake, beginning today:
1. Go for fresh fruit or fruit canned in its own juice
2. Develop a taste for sparkling mineral water, club soda, or seltzer water; add lemon or lime for flavor
3. Gradually reduce the amount of sugar you use in coffee or tea, or sugar you add to unsweetened cereals
4. Buy jellies or jams made with fruit juices instead of sugar
5. Moderation: if you have a taste for something sweet, take a bite or two. Cut the portion in half!
* DID YOU KNOW…new No Diet Weight Solution webinar class is starting on Monday, February 3rd, 2014?
Ready to begin your journey to Permanent Weight Loss?
Register at www.NoDietWeightSolution.com today!